Shrewd Product Liability Attorney Defending San Jose Consumers’ Rights
When you purchase a product and heed any warnings included, you should feel comfortable that using it won’t cause you any bodily harm. Unfortunately, some products contain fatal flaws that make them unsafe for normal use. If this happens and you suffer injuries as a result, you deserve to be compensated by those responsible. We can help you file a claim and follow the process until the end.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Faulty Products?
If you are injured while using a product you expected to be safe, there are a few possible entities that could be liable for paying your damages. These include:
- The original product designer and/or their company
- The manufacturer of the product
- The retailer selling the product
Who is responsible for your injuries depends on the specific circumstances surrounding the accident. For example, if the product was designed and made properly but the retailer from whom you purchased the product allowed it to expire on their shelves, they would be found responsible and the designer and manufacturer would be off the hook.
What is Necessary for Winning a Product Liability Case?
There are several contributing factors that must be proven in order for someone else to take responsibility for your injuries. They include:
- Proof that you used the product properly and heeded all warnings
- Medical proof of your injury
- Evidence confirming your injury was indeed sustained as a direct result of product usage
- Proof that the designer, manufacturer or retailer could have done something differently to prevent your injury, such as include a warning or improve the design
Your Legal Partner
The attorneys at Accident Recovery Legal Center believe there is merit in holding the right parties accountable when their negligence results in consumer injuries. We’ll review the facts of your situation and help you build a case for compensation.