Dedicated Slip & Falls Attorney Defending the Rights of San Jose Injury Victims
When you visit a public or private property, you assume you will be safe to walk around and conduct normal activities. That’s because it is the burden of the property owner to maintain a safe space and post or communicate necessary warnings to ensure visitors are indeed out of harm’s way. If you’ve been injured as a result of dangerous property conditions, we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Maintaining a Safe Property
Property owners need to make sure the spaces people visit are reasonably safe, or explicitly state what actions visitors need to take to avoid being hurt. Put simply, they must ensure:
- Walking areas are well-lit
- Spills are cleaned up promptly and/or caution signs are visible over a wet area
- Walking spaces, such as sidewalks, are well-maintained and do not feature broken surfaces that could lead to falls
- Dangerous people or animals are not able to attack visitors
- Necessary safety signs are displayed prominently
Who is Liable for Slip & Fall Accidents?
Just as property owners are held responsible, injured parties may also bear some of the burden for their injuries. It will be our job to prove the injured person exercised reasonable caution and was not engaging in an activity they believed could result in injury. It is quite common for those being sued for a slip and fall accident to attempt to prove that the injured party did something wrong, causing their injury. We’ll help you build an airtight case and get you the compensation you need for medical bills, loss of income, diminished earning potential or pain and suffering.